Built by the Great Northern Railway in 1909, the 61 mile Mansfield line branched off the mainline at the Columbia River and snaked its way up across Douglas County, WA to its terminus in Mansfield. In 1970, Burlington Northern took over operations of the line. In 1985 it was abandoned, thus closing the book on railroading on the Waterville Plateau. This blog is dedicated to preserving the history of the Mansfield Branch Line as well as the Waterville Railway Co. And some HO scale stuff.
Loco #1105 poses with its crew in 1909 during the construction of the Mansfield Branch. This scene was captured where Duffy Creek dumps into Douglas Creek. Photo from the Douglas County Museum in Waterville, Wash.